Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

sunburnt???

Posted By: jermand <jermand@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 28 November 2001, at 12:23 p.m.

I have been keeping clowns for over a year now and have an unidentified problem.
It started when I raised the temperature to 30 instead of 27 due to slight infection and clown loaches like it hot.

The fist stage of this “problem” looked like pale and dark veins on the clowns nose, which then where surrounded by a slight unevenness, grey in colour. This has stayed and on some of the clowns white un-even shapes have appeared in this area, it almost looks like sunburn or something. Also some clowns are showing black spots (almost like normal colouration) along their backs. Its only visible on the clowns and the yo-yo’s don’t seem to have it. Any idea what this may be? I thought of velvet first but have treated and am informed velvet wont stay at this temp… I'v