Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clowns and dark rocks revisited

Posted By: Harold Holmes <hholmes@lincolnbeach.com>
Date: Thursday, 29 November 2001, at 11:44 a.m.

Last month I posted a picture and we had a discussion about clowns and their habit of moving rocks around to fit their needs. To refresh everyone I have a 125g tank with mostly brown gravel with a small back of black and florescent gravel mixed in.

When I cleaned the tank I stirred all the rocks up when vacuuming and have been watching them slowly move the dark rocks into the floor of their cave. I'm sure if they could figure out how they would wallpaper the sides with the black rocks as well[g].

You'll notice on the second picture just how many MORE black rocks there are in that area besides the positioning of them. Looks like they either dig up the black rocks from the bottom or are bringing them in from other areas of the tank.

The last