Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

botia nig and clown warningw

Posted By: kelvin <kdick@tvnz.co.nz>
Date: Tuesday, 4 December 2001, at 7:51 a.m.

I've had a Botia Nigrolineatas for about six months. He/she was young and somewhat under nourished when I got him but is now in fine health
I'm interested in finding out how long they typically live for and their average length. When I first got him he spent most of his time out and about searching for food. These days he alternates between resting and being highly active ...I understand that's a trait as the Botia Nigs get a little older. I feed him a variation of flakes, blood worms and tubiflex worms He's very competitive ..especially when blood worms are on the menu. Is there anything else they like eating .... ignores the zucinne I feed the plecys.

And a warning about Clown Loaches .....I've recently had a terrible experience with my four ....they all died. One got trapp