Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Other fish and river type tanks.

Posted By: ColmanReilly <careilly@thecia.ie>
Date: Wednesday, 5 December 2001, at 5:42 p.m.

[Almost, but not quite off-topic, I think]

I'm running a small tank for two P. Myersi with a strong flow through it - turning over 20 times an hour if you believe the nominal rating on the powerheads.

I figured the tank could do with something swimming at mid and high level, and decided half-a-dozen white cloud minnows would do the job nicely. Unfortunately, they've decided that lurking about the bottom of the tank is much nicer, with the occasional foray into higher water to investigate possible food particles. The white clouds can't be very stressed, since they've started spawning and the eggs are hatching happily (into fish food). I assume the white clouds are acting more naturally in this tank: they too are stream fish, and the native minnows I've s