Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

I need help urgently! Please!

Posted By: Lydia <lydia.duprat@chello.se>
Date: Thursday, 6 December 2001, at 1:50 p.m.

Hello!

I'd be very grateful if someone would give me some advice. I have been keeping clown loaches for three years with no problem whatsoever. Then, three days ago my ten loaches stopped coming forward at feeding times. In fact, I have not seen them at all for the past three days. And earlier today, in the morning, I found one of them dead!

I have kept these ten clown loaches sound and happy for three years and suddenly they start hiding and one shows up dead; what´s wrong?

My tank is big, about 750 liters. Besides the ten loaches (they are still quite small, a little longer than a match box) I keep two African knife fish, some five very small catfish and a gibbiceps. These fish have been living in the same tank for at least two years now. No new additions.