Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clowns in a 10 Gallon

Posted By: Chad Stamm <cstamm7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 18 December 2001, at 10:51 a.m.

A while back I began a 10-gallon, SE Asian biotope tank with 4 rasboras and 3 clowns. I was told that the clowns should be okay for a while because I am obsessed with the upkeep, the tank is heavily planted and there are two filters instead of just one.

It is now five months later, and everything seems to be fine. The fish have grow at typical rates for clowns, they seem very healthy, they eat well, and the only problem seems to be occasional bickering between the two larger ones (@ 3 inches) which never seems to last very long.

I am still looking to go to at least a 30 gallon in the future, but am curious... from what I have described is there a big rush? Everything seems fine and (knock on wood) everyone is healthy, but could there be something that my eyes are missing?