Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Loaches with Ich

Posted By: Donovan <dchristoffer@uswest.net>
Date: Tuesday, 18 December 2001, at 1:52 p.m.

I have been fighting a light ich infection in my community tank (loaches, bala sharks, cory cats, neons, and chinese algae eaters) for about a week now. Funny thing is, only my clown loaches have it. It started out with one clown that had 5 to 10 ich spots on it. It has spread to two of the four of them now. This is not a bad infection yet, but I am afraid that it will spread. I have a 55 gallon tank. Temperature is 80 degrees. I have an Emperor 280 w/biowheel and an H.O.T. Magnum with a micron filter running. I removed the carbon from the filter and treated with 30 drops of Quick Cure per day for the past week and added 5 tablespoons of aquarium salt. Also during this time I have left the tank lights