Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

......Or We'll fall off the Bottom!

Posted By: Martin Thoene <past1@sympatico.ca>
Date: Saturday, 29 December 2001, at 8:24 p.m.

Hey Robroy that was a long thread back down there!

I can see that striatas might be a challenge unless done on a grand scale. Funnily enough, glass painting occured to me as a possible way of doing striatas. My ex dabbled with stained glass for a while so I have some knowledge, although I never did it myself. I once acid-etched the edges of the windows and the glass sunroof on my Custom Van that I owned years ago.

In your Clown design I liked how you had used the natural lines of the fish as defining points for joins in the glass.

People always told me that I should of used my talents for a job, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think that I have the self-discipline to "turn it on" every day. I prefer to use the flashes of inspiration when they come rather than force the issue.

Have you seen the 'L is for Loach' design that's the header for the Loach Almanac? I did that as a limited edition T-shirt (30 of them)which were hand colored by your's truly using fabric paint after getting them printed in black with the LOL logo on the left chest front in blue (I colored the word Loaches in red). THAT was a lot of work!

Ask away on the R/T stuff............

Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |