Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

But can you breed them?

Posted By: Jesse Kelly <main_board@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 5 January 2002, at 10:30 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I have recently been infected by the botia/loach fever. I don't have any yet, but I plan to get some very soon. Which species I get depend largerly on what information you can give me. What I would like to know is an of your experience with breeding any kind of loach or botia. Please don't leave out a single detail. Also, any websites you have found that contain information on their breeding habits. I know this information is rare, I this summer I am going to conduct several experiments outside in my ponds to try and get loaches and botias to spawn. Also, does anyone know, or have a picture, of what the substrate of loaches and botias natural habitat looks like. I want to simulate their natural conditions as much as possible. Hope you can help.

Jesse