Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Skunks and Powerhead

Posted By: mwood322 <mwood322@regiscollege.edu>
Date: Monday, 7 January 2002, at 1:01 p.m.

Okay, Yesterday woek up to my oldest tiger barb stuck to the powerhead in the 90 gallon. Wasn't too surprised he had looked iffy for the last few weeks. So did a water change taking him out and cleaning out the powerhead. Found two of my new skunks in there. Now I was much angrier. I still have 3 in the tank, but was wondering if this is common. Normally the powerhead has a sponge attached to it, but recently that stopped. I never had any problem with the other skunks, so it never occurred to me to check the powerhead.

So now that the rant is over here's the question. Could the skunks have gotten sucked in, or were they thinking it was a good hiding place? There are definitely enough