|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (3)
Fishless Cycling Instructions
Posted By: Cybermeez <email@example.com>
Date: Thursday, 10 January 2002, at 3:20 p.m.
Figured I'd post this since it's been a topic of conversation here lately. This is how I do fishless cycling and also keep my Q-Tank cycled when it's empty:
1) Setup tank and filtration system.
2) Dechlorninate water.
3) Add bacterial culture of choice to tank. (I use Cycle or FritZyme)
4) Add 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon of ammonia to fishless tank daily for 10 days. **NOTE: Use only household ammonia with NO coloring agents, clarifyers or other aditives**
5) After 10 days cut dosage in half fro the next 3 days.
6) After the 3 days cut dosage again, this time to 1/4 for balance of cycle, until nitrites are at zero.
7) Whe cycle is complete do a 50% water change and add fish.
To keep an EMPTY Q-Tank cycled, I add 1/4 teaspoon of ammonia once a week an