Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Lucky Accidental Loach Find

Posted By: Tim Gibson <funcrew@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 11 January 2002, at 9:58 p.m.

I took my kids to a new LFS today (Lots of choices in Southwest Houston, but none of them carry many loaches) in search of a baby clown loach to bring my school up to 3. This LFS also had a tank with a couple dozen Botia beauforti, so I told the girl to bag up 3 - I wasn't watching carefully.

After I acclimatized and added the new baby clown and the tiger botias to the loach tank, I got a very pleasant surprise - 2 out of my 3 "tiger botias" were actually Botia caudipunctata (or splendis - same thing?), a very handsome loach indeed! I had been wanting those ever since I saw a picture of them a few months ago.

It's getting to be quite a bustling community in the loach tank. NOW, I would need 1 more caudipunctata and 2 more beauforti to have 3 of each species. The different bo