Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Sick (??) Clown Loach...

Posted By: Jude <jdfeng@attglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 14 January 2002, at 8:26 p.m.

Hello, I was looking for information on clown loaches and I just stumbled upon this site, and I had a few questions...

I bought a pair of clown loaches a little over a week ago. One is about an inch long, (named Tigger) and the other is about two inches (named Tiger.) The tank is 10 gallons, ammonia levels are very low, temperature is 82 degrees Farenheit, pH is 7.0, there's two Amazon Sword plants, a little cave, and a large rock/cave. Tigger and Tiger are in the tank with a glass knifefish and three Kuhli loaches. (Oh, and the tank's been up and running for over a year.)

Tigger has adjusted very well (eating, swimming, napping, etc.) but Tiger (the larger one) doesn't seem to be very healthy. (There were two out of seven clown loaches at the pet store that weren't looking well, and I think the clerk gave me one of them.) Tiger has been either swimming around the tank frantically, but spinning around (like a diving airplane spinning) and today, he's been up at the top, gasping for air and trying to jump out.

Do you know if this is just normal Clown Loach behavior? Or if he's seriously sick? (His coloring's good, and there are no external signs of disease. The little clown loach is acting fine.)

Thank you very much for your time. = )

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.