Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

How much copper?

Posted By: Loachness Monster <toonit@excite.com>
Date: Thursday, 17 January 2002, at 1:47 p.m.

I used to leave a few corroding copper pennies in my aquarium at all times, just to release a constant but very small amount of copper into the water for disease/parasite control. I have heard both sides of the copper debate and would like to call upon the experience of those of you who have used copper in your tanks with good results.

I am considering applying CopperSafe to my tank as a preventative. I am curious as to a) whether it will harm plecos, otos, clown loaches, and kuhli loaches, and b) what concentration (ppm) to use as a preventative which I plan to maintain in the tank at all times. I have a copper test kit and will be keeping a close eye on it, but don't want to begin this process until I get a better idea of exactly what to aim for.

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

Shannon

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.