Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Carnivorous Zebra

Posted By: Isla <kirk_isla@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 19 January 2002, at 4:00 p.m.

I eventually managed to find myself 5 botia striata today and for the want of a quarantine tank, introduced them into my 50 gal community tank which amoung other things, houses my 10 clown loaches.

Everything seemed to be going well but Ive now noticed one of the zebras seems to be taking chunks out of my clown loaches! Its not an aggression thing as my clowns will happily sit there and let him 'sniff' them until he takes a bite. Its also not a hunger thing as when I introduced food, the others were busy feeding while he was still trying to feed on them while they were distracted!

Everything Ive read about striata say that if anything, they are more peaceful than the clowns - any ideas/advice??