Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Wasting loach

Posted By: Larry Robinson <crazyjeeper@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2002, at 12:34 a.m.

I have two cloan loaches, two yo-yos, and a kuhli loach. The clowns are the newest additions. I purchased 2.5" loaches so they would be a little heartier. One of them is doing realy well while the other is not eating anymore. It is shrinking away and looks nothing like when I bought it. I have read about internal parasites and this sounds similiar. I am considering treating it with Levamisole hydrochloride if I cant find some but would like to know if the other strange behavior matches the parasite theory. The fish spends alot of time swimming on its side on the upper 3 inches of the rear of the tank and shows no interest in food. Occasionally it will liven up for a few minutes and act normal and shoal with the other loaches but still will not eat. I am afraid his time is running out and want to do so