Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Cybermeez

Posted By: Jill
Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2002, at 6:50 p.m.

Just for your info: This is day 5 of the antibiotic treatment. As per your advice, I've been testing water parameters daily. Yeterday, for the first time, the nitrites shot up to unacceptable levels, with just a trace of ammonia present. Prior to treatment, both were 0. So... before the 4th treatment, I did a 30% water change, and will probably have to do the same tonight before the 5th and final dose. I've cut my feeding way back to decrease the bioload on the filter. Anyway, just thought it is worth noting that the Maracyn and Maracyn 2 used together are indeed having some kind of negative effect on my filter. I hope it doesn't take too long to get back to normal once the treatment is completed. The fish do seem better, however, which is what I was hoping for. Thanks for all your help.

Messages In This Thread