Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Sick Parrot Fish! (Help ASAP)

Posted By: Chris D <DonovanMcNabb5@AOL.com>
Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2002, at 7:02 p.m.

I have 4 Parrotfish in a 90 gallon Freshwater tank. For the past week they have been extremely inactive and lie in one spot for most of he time. Today I noticed white spots on them. The spots look like small pieces of fuzz sort of. The tank is about 1&1/2 years old. I changed the watr each of the past2 weekends to see ifit was a water problem. The Clown Loaches are acting quite normal though the 6" ones are a little lazy; this tells me that it's probably not ich. The irridiscent shark is a little lazy and has a fem white spots on him. The water Temperature is 72, but I lowered it too see if it would make them more active...It didn't. What could be wrong with them? How can I bring them back to health? Please help as soon as possible if you now what is going on.