Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

sick loaches

Posted By: Kaitlin <feeney99@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 24 January 2002, at 7:41 p.m.

I recently got a 20 gal aquarium for free that had a rainbow shark, an algae eater, 2 silver dollars, a bala shark and a clown loach (the bala shark didn't make it :(. Since I have read that clowns like to school, I decided to buy another loach. The loach that was already in the tank is about 4 inches long and the one I just got is about 1.5-2 inches. I also got a cave thing for them to hide in since there were no real good hiding places in the decor the previous owner had. The big one's (Muff) tail has patches of white on it, I am pretty sure it's fin rot(I'm treating it now, 1/2 dose), and when it comes out of the cave, it breathes really heavily and doesn't seem to want to play. I haven't seen it eat in the 5 days that I have had it. The little one (Buff) won't eat either. I got it 4 days ago. All it does is hide in