Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Stupid Mistake!

Posted By: Tim Gibson <funcrew@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 26 January 2002, at 1:37 a.m.

Well, it finally happened. I thought my baby 2-inch clowns had dodged the ich bullet. But, after a month in the tank, I noticed a few tiny white dots on the caudal fins of 2 out of 3 clowns.

After reading the ich info on LOL, I raised the thermostat 4 degrees, added 1 tsp/gal Morton's canning salt (no additives), and then screwed up. Half a dose of Quik-Cure would mean 7 drops in my 20G long (15 measured liquid gallons). So in the DIM light, I tried to put the right amount in. I was thinking the drops were'nt coming out very easy, then realized I was squirting the stuff into the tank! Luckily, a good part of the dose just kind of hung suspended in the water, and I was able to dip out a good bit before it got mixed in. But I'm really not sure how much there is in there. I guess I'd better get a copper test kit t