Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dead Khuli Loaches

Posted By: andy529 <andy@diamondlappin.com>
Date: Monday, 28 January 2002, at 4:59 p.m.

I bought 3 khuli loaches on January 25 and on January 27 all three were dead. One was real active and the other two layed on their sides for the most part. The tank is over a month old and contains some tiger barbs, rosy barbs, clown loaches, and ottos. I noticed that there were some white splotches on the sides of the khuli loaches. I tested my water on January 23 and there were no nitrites and no ammonia. I am going to test again today. Has anyone run into this problem before? My substrate is aquarium sand that was bought from my LFS. and I run an eheim canister filter. Any thoughts on why they would die? Also, the place I bought them at had just gotten them in that evening. Hmm, an idea just came to me - maybe the shock of being transported from their original home to the LFS and then to my tank w