Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

2 questions

Posted By: Anndi <stueland@earthlink.com>
Date: Monday, 28 January 2002, at 7:25 p.m.

K, I finally have what I believe to be all healthy fish in my aquarium. I went through a lot to get here including assorted medications, salt, temps.... Now the bummer is that the meds seemed to have a toll on my biological filter. The nitrites and ammonia are completely stuck at .25 for nitrites and .5-1.0 for ammonia.....anyone know how long this will last? I am afraid its gonna harm my clown(Carter), who has been so tough and made it through all of this illness and finally overcame it, only to struggle now with water quality. I have added some substrate from my daughters healthy tank...added salt, doing water changes daily, and still just stuck at those readings. Any suggestions would of course be appreciated.