Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Tragedy strikes yet again!!!

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Thursday, 31 January 2002, at 7:18 p.m.

Well, just when I thought everything was going to be alright, I had another tragedy strike my river tank. I have been watching my fish very carefully and was beginning to think the worst was past. I came home from work today,to find a dead baby zollengeri. That in itself is not too unusual since I have so many. However, later, I began noticing that one of my favorites, my beautiful little G. punctalatus was acting strangely and had some patches devoid of color, on its skin(never a good sign with these fish). It was stuck to the glass, near the bottom of the tank, just as two of the sinos had done before they had died. You could always see its little heart beating in the center of its chest if it was grazing on the glass, as it often did. Tonight, I actually watched its heart slow down. I left for about 30min. to go to the grocery store, and it was dead when I returned. Now, because of my stupidity, I have lost one of only two punctalatus that I have ever seen in the two to three years I have been collecting hillstreams. I guess its a good thing I didn't get the other punctalatus I saw. I would have killed it too. I just hope that I don't lose any more fish.

Messages In This Thread