Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Bogwood

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 3 February 2002, at 10:55 p.m.

Okee dokee. I spent most of Saturday boiling my nice, new 16 inch piece of Malaysian Bogwood. It took all day because the wood was too big for the pot and 1/2 of it stuck out of the water while the other 1/2 got boiled. I had to keep turning it over when I changed the water.

After what Rob told me, I decided to test the wood's potential effect on my tanks water chemistry. I filled my 5 gallon water change bucket with water treated with my usual 7.0 buffer. I then put the previously boiled wood into the bucket and let is soak overnight. By the next afternoon the pH had dropped by about .3, from 7.0 to about 6.7. It was not as much as I though it would drop and the water stayed pretty clear so I decided to add it to the tank this evening.

It looks really nice and the ClownLoaches love to play in it, swimming under, through and around i