Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Chemistry outta whack

Posted By: Nikki <akastes@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 4 February 2002, at 10:00 p.m.

OK, a week and a half ago I pulled my UGF to combat extremely high nitrites in an established tank. Now, my ammonia is at 1.2 mg/L, my nitrites are at > 0.3 mg/L or less than 1, and my Nitrates are at 5-10 mg/L. I am concerned at the ammo reading. The pH dropped too dowm to 6. I have done 2 water changes this week to combat the nitrates that came back after pulling the filter. I do a 1/2 tank gravel vac once a week, 25% water change once a week (more if the nitrates are higher), I have a heavily planted tank, more than are in the pictures, I feed 1/2 a regular meal 2x a day, I recently treated the tank with an anti-parasitic for two days, which isnt supposed to harm the biofilter. it is a 30 gallon with an Aquaclear 200 filter and I currently house 1, 6-7" Kissing Gourami, 1 dwarf gourami, 1, 4-5" clown loach and 2 baby clowns 1.5" each, 3 blackskirt tetras, 1 big bronze cory and one baby bronze, 3 rummeynose tetras, 3 bloodfin tetras, and 7 neons So I am not over stocked at the monent. Any suggestions?

http://www.geocities.com/akastes/My_fish.html

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is ma