Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

help a new loach owner?

Posted By: christine benson <chrisb@co.summit.co.us>
Date: Wednesday, 6 February 2002, at 7:14 p.m.

I inherited a beautiful 29g tank a month ago. It has 6 established adult fish that have been in the tank for 4+ years. 1 Clown Loach, 2 Bala Sharks, 1 Red-Finned Shark, 1 pleco, 1 white Molly. The only changes I made were to add more rocks and plastic plants. The loach was fine for a couple weeks, then I tried to introduce a small Pictus Cat. I never saw them contact each other. The Cat died within a week, all of which he spent hiding up top behind the filter tube. Since he died 7 days ago, the loach has not come out from behind his new rock. I've seen him out only twice, and he boogied home the minute he saw me coming. Today I made him come out (moved his rock) and he looks fine, he swam around, but it appears his front "feelers" (haven't learned the name yet) are GONE. Th