Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

big bellys

Posted By: Anndi <stueland@earthlink.com>
Date: Friday, 8 February 2002, at 12:21 p.m.

I now have one clown that has been mine for a couple of months and 2 more that I have had for a week(all 3 of them are about 2 and a half inches). So far no ich or any signs of any problems. Just wondering if it's ok for them to have huge bellys by evening each night. In the morning they look normal, but each day they eat themselves in a big round fish. Am I overfeeding? They get flakes in the morning, 2 algae wafers which are shared with a pleco at noon and then a veggie at about 3 and some flakes at 7:00.....I dunno now that I am actually writing this down, it seems like a lot of food! No wonder they look like ballons by evening. There is also a school of white cloud minnows in the tank...and a betta. How often do you all f