Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

first time fish epidemic

Posted By: fire <firebizkit@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 10 February 2002, at 4:07 p.m.

i'm pretty devastated. i have a 55 gallon & a 30 gallon tank. clown loaches are my favorite. my tanks have been up for about 8-9 months, and i was up to about 24 fish in the big one. mostly neons & tetras, and 6 clown loaches, 3 were babies. and a galaxy pleco, and a betta. terrific community tank. made 2 major mistakes two weeks ago; first i put in two mollies which seemed to really excite the loaches. all eight fish would run up & down, and up & down endlessly along the tank walls. gleeful. BUT one molly started showing signed of ick, and the other some green fungus?! prior to this, i had never had a single fish fatality, and didn't realize how SERIOUS these symptoms were with the mollies. i waited maybe 3-4 days just watching them, and in that time, every single fish broke out w ic