Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Out of interest...

Posted By: Isla <kirk_isla@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 11 February 2002, at 4:09 a.m.

I was interested to read the links that Bitey supplied in one of the recent posts re: skinny disease. Im treating two of my clown loaches that Ive had for 3+ months for internal parasites as they have bad colour and had stopped eating. The pictures shown (http://msblab3.med.uiuc.edu/skinny.htm) were identical to the state of two loaches that I bought from PetsAtHome.

My two loaches were around 2.5" long and wasted to the same degree or possibly slightly worse than the one in the picture. They also had signs of whitespot and when I got them home, I was kicking myself for having bought them.

However, approx 6 weeks later and no treatment other than for whitespot, one of them is over 3" long, fat and th