Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Medicating hillstreams...

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Monday, 11 February 2002, at 3:23 p.m.

I have just gone through the first five day treatment of my river tank after some mysterious ailment was brought in by a new fish. I have been treating with Marycyn-two(minocycline), a broad spectrum anitbiotic used against gram neg bacteria, and Marycyn(erythromycin)used against gram pos. bacteria. So far, only three fish (a beaufortia, a cheni and a sino) are showing the symptoms of patchy color loss. Even with these symptoms, the fish are still feeding and are acting normaly. That means with sinos and beaufortia hiding in a favorite sheltered area and coming out for food. And the cheni, searching for food and chasing other chenis. However, I would still not be surprised to find any of them dead at any time. It see