Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

silicone

Posted By: jeff <jharris4@cogeco.ca>
Date: Thursday, 14 February 2002, at 9:27 a.m.

i have recently constructed a large corner plywood tank, after caulking it all on the inside, & just about to set glass in after long wait for piece of glass, i see the silicone i have used so far is not recommended for aquariums. iwas hoping there was somone that could tell me that it would be o.k. as long as the water is maintained, it had no mildew resistence or fungicides, it was GE 100% pure clear silicone, i did not read far enough. will it be o.k. once it has totally cured? i dont need any bookworm dummies telling me to read either, some constructive help will be appreciated, after all how toxic could it be, might i make my tank as toxic as Niagara River, oh my god, you should see how the fish thrive in there, i guess (what i was th