Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Worm Feeder Madness

Posted By: Tim Gibson <funcrew@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 14 February 2002, at 3:48 p.m.

I bought one of those worm feeders that look like a small basketball net suction-cupped to the top of the front glass. I dumped in a cube of frozen bloodworms, and the loaches came running. Don't you love it when loaches go vertical?

Needless to say, they went loopy over the worm feeder, actually coming out of the rockwork for a change. I saw certain fish that had not been seen in months, fighting their way to the front with the best of 'em! There was a furrball/dogfight of loaches, sucking worms out of the feeder like a 8-year-old kids in a spaghetti eating contest.

Note that distributing thawed worms over the rockwork never caused this level of excitement. Now the loaches frequently swim up to nose around the empty feeder - it's comical.

One lesson I've learned is that they can eat 4 times