Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Ick in Loach Tank

Posted By: Kyle <rchambli@ttu.edu>
Date: Thursday, 21 February 2002, at 3:22 a.m.

A couple of days ago I noticed that one of my two clown loaches (about 3 inches long) had about 20 ick spots, mostly on its tall. I performed a 50% water change, treated the tank with a half dose of coppersafe, and raised the tank temp to about 86F. Then yesterday the other loach had some spots and both where scratching on the rocks. Today the spots look like there gone, but the loaches are still scratching on the rocks. I also increased the dose from half to 3/4. After about 7 or 8 hours I noticed the loaches where not swimming around like they had been the last couple of days and slepping more. I performed a 1/3 water change to get the dose back down to half. I notced while I was doing this that my CAE lost the sucker part of his mouth and was starting to scratch on the rocks some. My three questions are, why did