Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

One fish, Two fish...How many fish??

Posted By: Regina <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Thursday, 21 February 2002, at 8:11 a.m.

Ok, I was wondering... I have in my 55 gallon tank 7 Clown Loaches, ranging in size from 2-4", 2-Botia Modesta about 4-5" each, 1 Kuhli Loach (only because I can't find any more as of now to put in there with him...and 1 large common Pleco, about 7" in length.. Now here's the question...is there room in this tank to move 2 Skunk Loaches, about 1" each?? Or is this asking for trouble?? My main concern is my Clowns, but right now the Skunks live in my 30 gallon with 9 Swordtails, who they wreak absolute havok on!! Would they make life for my Clowns hell? Would it be too crowded with bottom fish if I move them there? I will be getting another 30 gallon by summer time, so they could go there when I get it, just needing to know what to do for now, they are e