Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Levimisole: I Think It Worked! But...

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 1 March 2002, at 12:39 p.m.

Several of my fish had itchy gills, among them one of my smallest Clowns. The Cories seemed to have been the worst affected because before treatment they had been gulping air every 10 or 15 minutes.

24 hours after I did the post Levamisole water change I have no more itchy fish!! The Cories now go up to get a gulp of air maybe once or twice an hour! Thanks to Doc Momfish for her trail blazing with this drug!

Looks like the problem was gill flukes (as I had long suspected) and the Levamisole killed the little bastards without affecting the fish (at least to my knowledge). During treatment the only signs I saw were the Cories scratching their gills more often, probably trying to dislodge the dying flukes.

Unfortunately I've begun to encounter other problems in the tank. I'm not sure if it's