Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Hillstreams

Posted By: Isla <kirk_isla@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 4 March 2002, at 11:17 a.m.

I decided to buy 5 hillstream loaches at the weekend - they were labelled hong kong pleco but sold to me as hillstream loaches...and thats where the confusion began!

In the lfs tank 2 were grey with black spots and 3 were more yellow with brown spots. Once bagged, 4 turned almost black and one remained yellow-ish, although the spots diminished.

To cut a long story short, one died. I had read up about their preferred conditions and the only aspect of my tank that could have upset them was that the temperature is a little on the high side but as the other 4 are doing fine, I think it may have just been the travel.

My question to those in the know - Ive take a look at Jim and Martin's pics on Dave's site and my fish dont look like those you have pictured there or any on the loach list here. Do youngsters colour-up as they get older and what is classed as an adult? Mine are only around 1" including tail.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.