Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Wanting to build a Botia modesta Tank...

Posted By: Cindy Andrie <candrie@canada.com>
Date: Friday, 8 March 2002, at 1:29 a.m.

Hi All!

I'm wanting to build a Botia modesta tank, and I am looking for some imput. My husband (Gareth) and I have recently gotten back into Aquariums! It's a hobby we both loved before we found each other, and love it even more togeather...

Anyways, I digress...

As you may or may not have read in some of Gareth's posts, we have our feature tank witch has 5 feature clowns, 4 bala sharks, a blue gourami, and a pleco (this is going to be our 135 gallon baby in a few months, this has also been the tank causing us alot of trouble, but what we wont do for those lovable clowns). We also have a 10 gallon tiger barb tank, a 7.5 gallon africian frog tank, and a "herb tank" (click on link below for more info and pics). We are also planing to have a 45 gallon Lake malawi ciclid tank, and a 35 gallon planted tank (these 2 are currently being used as transition tanks for our "boreno" clown tank).

On top of this, I get my desk tank... which is going ot be 20 gallons. I would like to make a tank built around the Botia modesta. Idealy with some day fish, some night fish (like the Botia modesta itself).

I know the Botia modesta are really picky fish with attitudes (or so I have heard), so I have made an alternate plan: 1 (M) Red Tailed Black Shark - Epalzeorhynchus bicolor 2 (A) Albino Rainbow Shark - Epalzeorhynchus frenatus 1 (M) Dwarf Gourami - Colisa lalia 1 (M) Paradise Fish - Macropodus opercularis 6 (2M 4F)Orange/Black SwordTails - Xiphophorus helleri

What I want to know is this: Can I reasonable do a 20 gallon Botia modesta feature tank? What make good tank mates? And what should the sex and numbers of these guys be?

Thanks for your time all!

http://www.limbonet.ca

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.