Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Internal Parasite medication

Posted By: Leigh Ann <lar99003@cub.uca.edu>
Date: Friday, 8 March 2002, at 4:14 p.m.

I have a one inch clown loach who I have determined has an internal parasite. The problem has existed since shortly after I bought him and his companions. Others are fine and have grown to almost two inches while he has remained about the same size. He has a dark brown dot under the belly, which used to protrude, but now is very thin. He has lost most of his orange coloring, but still has good black stripes and eats well, though doesn't grow. Anyway, my local fish store recommeded a medicine called Internal Parasite Guard made by Jungle. She also suggested treating the entire tank, since the fish has been sick for so long. The medication does not specifically mention whether it is safe for scaleless fish or not and I have several clown loaches, yo-yo loaches, a dojo loach, ju