Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Questions re: possible pesticide poisoning

Posted By: Nikki <akastes@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 11 March 2002, at 5:21 p.m.

As many of you know, I lost the last of my loaches today, I put the last 2 down. I spoke with the Curator of Tropical Fish at the Vancouver Public Aquarium this morning. I apprised him of the situation and asked for his opinion. They have a large C Loach exhibit and he holds a degree in marine biology etc. He drew an absolute blank. He has never come across a situation like mine. The only thing we tossed around with no definitive answer was the possibility that I wasn't thorough enough washing veggies and that the fish had a build-up of pesticide toxins in their systems.He was really stumped on this one. My rummeynose tetras (indicator fish) are in perfect health, as all the others seem to be. I am wracked with guilt over this, I just wondered had anyone ever run into a pesticide problem and how do you prepare your veggies for your loaches? I am going to get three more in a week or two ( when their ICH goes away) and put them in my 10 gallon for 3 months, I just dont want this to happen again.

Messages In This Thread