|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (4)
Potential source of pesticide poisoning
Posted By: Cinder <email@example.com>
Date: Thursday, 14 March 2002, at 7:29 p.m.
I have been going back thru some of the archives in the Aquatic Plants mailing list and came across this in Jan 2002.
A person was having a die-off of amano (or possibly ghost) shrimp and started wondering if it had anything to do with the flea treatment they were using on their cat. It was one of the ones where you put one drop on the cat or dog and it lasts 30 days. Since cats bathe themselves frequently, it would have to be pretty tenacious. And when we considered it for our dogs, who swim alot, our vet didnt think it would matter, the flea pesticide would still be active.
General consensus on the plants list was that it certainly *could* remain on your hands, even after casual washing, and affect things in your tank. I would think that at higher concentrations, it might even a