Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Loach coughs up a fur ball

Posted By: Pino <espo@look.ca>
Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2002, at 3:00 p.m.

I left a message a couple of days ago about a clown loach in distress. His mouth seemed to be hanging open. He had an extra "lip" at the bottom of his mouth which his buddies did not seem to have, and his breathing was very rapid. He spent most of the day either on his side, or hiding in a brick ornament. Well, I scooped him up today and put him in a bag to examine him. He is still alive. I noticed that a white, cloudy. slimy ball of matter was in the bag with him. Then, when I looked closely at his mouth, he seemed to have some of that slime within his mouth too. I examined the net and noticed a huge amount of the mucous-like slime on the net. I'm actually a little freaked out right now. I've never seen anything like this in a fish. I'm talking a huge quantity of gunk. The poor loach is only about 4.5 inches long. I don't know how all of this stuff could have resided within him. If anyone know what the heck is going on please tell me.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.