Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

OK, non-loach related questions...

Posted By: Cinder <cinderqh@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 21 March 2002, at 2:34 p.m.

But there is SO much excellent general fish knowledge here that I prefer to ask here first....(hmmm, maybe a compliment will smooth it all over? ;-) )

First question: does anyone know if Amano shrimp will eat fry? I just added some Heterandria formosa to my 'teeny fish' tank and was wondering if the Amanos would go after the young.

In the past, I have successfully reared H. formosa young with (well-fed) congo tetras. In the current heavily planted tank, there may be a few fish that would eat the young, but there are plenty of dense plantings for the young to hide in...except that the Amanos also haunt those areas.

I know that some of the commonly kept freshwater shrimp will catch and eat fry...does anyone know if the Amanos will or are they stricly herbivores?

(I'll save my 2nd question for another post)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach