Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

2nd question - peckoltia & bogwood

Posted By: Cinder <cinderqh@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 21 March 2002, at 2:46 p.m.

In my 'teeny fish' tank, I have a 3" clown pleco (I think they call it that, not positive). He does a great job of keeping algae from growing on my bogwood. As a matter of fact, he does such a good job that he is scouring the bogwood!

When I do a gravel vac, I suck up a red slurry! It is almost constant. All over the tank near the pieces of wood. I mean, ALOT of red...it looks like the size of the usual crap (literally :-) ) that gets vacc'd up, but this is really brick red, just like the wood. I cant be positive as to the source, but it is a huge amount, esp since there arent that many fish in the tank and they are small and I've never seen any other tanks where the fish poop, etc is brick red.

My concern is how much this largish (but super fine) amou