Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Vegan loach? Gooranga!

Posted By: Isla <kirk_isla@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 2 April 2002, at 8:54 a.m.

Ok...Im stuck. Stumped. Out of ideas.

Ive got a clown loach that has been sick since I got him. No external signs other than bad colouration. Ive had him for just over 4 months and have treated him for internal parasites and internal bacteria but to no avail.

He seems ok other than hes not as active as the other loaches and he doesnt eat during feeding time. The only food Ive seen him take is vegitation. Hes slowly begun to waste away which I can combat by isolating him and feeding him up with his fav veggies but this isnt much of a solution and as I go on holiday for 2wks, Im worried he wont be around when I get back.

Im slowly coming to conclusion it may be something more terminal like internal damage from a worm infestation or tuberculosis. Ive already spent more than 6 times what I paid for the little guy on meds but dont want to give up on him. Anyone got any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread