Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Levasole sheep bolus = MESSY

Posted By: Tim Gibson <funcrew@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 2 April 2002, at 11:52 a.m.

Inspired by the success that others here have had using Levasole injectable cattle de-wormer for loach parasites, I bought a dozen .184 gram (184 milligram) Levasole sheep boluses (pills) from Needville Feed & Seed southwest of Rosenburg. Using the LOL dosing information, I planned to use 2 boluses a day in a 20 gallon tank to treat skin-and-bones modestas (treated 3 weeks prior with Maracyn I with no apparent effect).

The first bolus went into the tank and promptly disintegrated into thousands of tiny, nasty little fragments that did not dissolve, but settled on every surface and clouded the water. It took 2 days to get all that junk cleared out.

On the plus side, both my skinny modestas have now recovered into big fat blue pigs with fins. I'm not sure if that was due to