Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

*Sigh* Housing problem for fatties

Posted By: Lester Lim <limtansc@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Saturday, 6 April 2002, at 7:39 a.m.

The fatties(large clowns) still cannot fit into the caves i put in for all my loaches, clowns yoyos and skunks. All the medium and below clowns and other loaches hide in their cave while the big ones try to squeeze in sidewards...

I remembered someone showed me caves made from slate but those are too low... and too high, they are rather unstable when the large clowns push their way out...sigh everything just tumbles...

Can I just put a large drift wood and let the big ones crowd around it ? is it alright ?

Or should i put lots of stones and stack them...but no way the fatties can squeeze in.

I conclude that from all the ways i have tried to build a large enough home for them to live in has failed....

Help...Especially those with large clowns...

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.