Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Who needs hillstreams!?!

Posted By: Isla <kirk_isla@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 6 April 2002, at 11:19 a.m.

I did my tour of the lfs's today to stock up on bits and pieces before I go on hols and one place that normally has an extrordinary selections of L No's and is getting a better selections of loaches, had a tank full of hillstreams and banded loaches as theyd labelled them.

I saw Martin and Jim's fish with the red markings on the dorsal and caudal fins and they had approx 5 that looked an exact match to those posted by Robroy and Jim lately although they were only 1.5" max and RR & J's looked bigger.

There was one hillstream, entirely black with yellow spots all over it. The caudal fin had a bluey/greenish tinge when open and the little guy had a huge mouth compared to my other hillst