Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Poor Loaches!!!!!

Posted By: Nikki <akastes@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 8 April 2002, at 11:30 a.m.

I think I mentioned a while back ( 3 months)that at a pet store in a mall in West Vancouver, I saw two loaches that had just been brought in. They are huge, at least 8", probably more. Well, I stopped by on Sunday and to my dismay, these "monster" loaches were still there. They are in a tank that has no plants, only glass trees and chunks of crystal for decor. They have one semi-circular piece of fake wood that is open at the top and it seemed like only one loach can fit behind it at a time. The lighting is very bright and these loaches basically sit on the bottom all day doing nothing. They are on sale for $99.00 Can each (although they would probably give you a deal on both). I wont be able to fit them into my 75Gal