Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Skin disease question

Posted By: jk
Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2002, at 2:34 a.m.

Last week I went out to a local fish store in search of some Dojo loaches. Well I talked to the owner and he kindly ordered some for me. So last weekend they called and told me they were in. When I picked up the 3 that I was going to get I noticed that one was missing a fin on it's side, I thought maybe another fish had gotten ahold of it. I showed this to the lady working and she agreed to give me another and also let me keep the injured one. Now to my question. The injured one didn't make it through the night, but in the next 2 days the other 3 have also died. Above the top fin and around the eyes there was a white mucus and the back fin is was little frayed. I'm assuming this is some kind of bacterial infection? Has anyone else seen anything like this? It doesn't seem to be affecting my other fish but should I treat the tank anyway? Thanks.