Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Linipaxhomaloptera ....from species index

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Sunday, 21 April 2002, at 6:08 p.m.

I have noticed the fish in the species index marked Linipaxhomaloptera disparis(broken banded hillstream loach), right below Liniparhomaloptera disparis. The later is the fish that has bred for Martin and I and was formerly thought to be Homaloptera zollengeri. I did a search on fishbase and it says that linipaxhomaloptera is a former misspelling of liniparhomaloptera so they should be the same fish. They are somewhat similar, but are not the same fish. Confusion about identifying these kinds of fish is very common so I'm not surprised. However, after looking at that pic of linipax, I'm wondering just what it is? It looks quite a bit like the unknown homaloptera sp that I, and a few others (Mia and I think robroy and Clyde) have found as "lizard fish". It also looks a bit like H. stephensoni. Anyone have any ideas or thougths on this?

Messages In This Thread